Home » » The Marietas Islands tour

The Marietas Islands tour

The Marietas Islands have been described as the world’s most idyllic bomb site. As I emerge from

crystal water onto the much whispered about ‘Hidden Beach’, I’m inclined to agree. Here I am, mere miles away from Puerto Vallarta, on Mexico's west coast - but I could not feel further removed from this all-singing holiday resort. The Islas Marietas, to use their Spanish name, were first formed centuries ago due to volcanic activity and have never been inhabited by man. Taking advantage of their isolation, in the early 1900s the Mexican government used them to conduct military A crater bombed into one of the islands has created the pristine Hidden Beach, a secret crescent of sand that you can only access by swimming through a cave. As I breast-stroke through this dark tunnel, my guide tells me to keep my face in the water so the tide does not buoy me up and bash my skull into the rock ceiling. This is not the most relaxing way to start a day of sunbathing. Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk
Share this video :
 
Support : Copyright © 2016. Travel collection - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Travel Mongolian
Proudly powered by DG