Home » » A tropical paradise in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean

A tropical paradise in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean

When I envisioned landing on some far-flung islands in the Atlantic Ocean – five and half

hours east of Toronto; two hours southwest of Lisbon – I had only the fuzziest of notions about what I’d be seeing. I expected sizable mountains and I knew the ocean waters wouldn’t need an Instagram filter to look nice and blue. But while exploring the Azores, I encounter so much more. I gaze upon fields of waving grass a shade of green the Irish haven’t invented. I stand on sheer cliffs of 1,000 metres or more, staring down at a black coastline of jumbled volcanic rock; it looks like Hawaii, with cobalt waves splashing white clouds of foam in the air. Read more: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/travel/destinations/a-tropical-paradise-in-the-middle-of-the-atlantic-ocean/article23987726/
Share this video :
 
Support : Copyright © 2016. Travel collection - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Travel Mongolian
Proudly powered by DG