Home » » Rhode Island’s secret coast

Rhode Island’s secret coast

Each one of the million of us who live in little old Rhode Island has our own cherished idea of

what makes this place enchanting. For me, it is the coastline that has always cast a spell. Rhode Island’s shore is by turns rocky and forbidding, with towering red granite cliffs tumbling wildly into the crashing Atlantic surf, or placid and lulling, the cattails of the marshes whispering softly in the gentle breezes of sheltered inlets. What Rhode Island lacks in landmass it more than makes up for in shoreline: 400 miles of it, to be precise. I have spent decades exploring it, but no matter how often I mosey along Route 1, something always catches me by surprise, leaving me thrilled, stunned, or mystified. I turn inland, only to find myself eager to get back to the sea as soon as possible. Read more: //travelandleisure.com/articles/rhode-islands-secret-coast
Share this video :
 
Support : Copyright © 2016. Travel collection - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Travel Mongolian
Proudly powered by DG