Home » » Visit in Ásbyrgi

Visit in Ásbyrgi

We made our sixth stop in my all time favourite place in Iceland, Ásbyrgi, the Capital City of the

Icelandic Elves. Our guide took us to the most beautiful (in my opinion) part of Ásbyrgi, the serene Botnstjörn pond. There is an easy walk (0,8 km) to the pond from the parking lot. This pond is what is left of a big waterfall which once cascaded from the cliffs and it is unbelievably peaceful there. I can tell you that in my eyes this pond and the surrounding cliffs are like out of this world and I could stay there for hours, which I have done many times during my camping trips to Ásbyrgi. Ásbyrgi belongs to Vatnajökull National Park and is 3.5 km in length and 1.1 km across with the walls being up to 100 meters high. My photo above was taken on an earlier trip I took to Ásbyrgi, where I hiked on Eyjan - the island, which is in the middle of Ásbyrgi. After our visit to the pond there was a half an hours coffee break at the cafè - supermarket at Ásbyrgi.
Share this video :
 
Support : Copyright © 2016. Travel collection - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Travel Mongolian
Proudly powered by DG